Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why I so like "Crocodilya"

Couldn't help quoting short story by Woody Allen from his book "Jokes of the God" (Or Collected stories)

:D

"...Once there lived a man who was selling shirts. Hard times had come, no one would buy his product, and his trade has stopped. The man desperately prayed to God, saying: "My God, why have You sent such a trial on me? My enemies prosper at trading, and I didn't sell a shirt during the whole week. And this is at the peak of the season! My Lord, look at my product. Look what a splendid viscose. My Lord, I have shirts with collars and buttons, I have tie-shirts - everything fits perfect. And I have always obeyed Your commandments! Why, oh why cannot I make my living, and my little brother has to whipe floors in "Children's Paradise"?

God heard his pray and answered to the slave of His, saying:

- Regarding shirts...
- Yes, my Lord! - exclaimed the man and dropped down on his knees.
- Stamp on a crocodile.
- What, my Lord?
- What you've heard. Stamp on a crocodile on the pocket. You won't regret."

P. S. BTW, tennis shirt was invented by french tennisit Rene Lacoste, whos nickname was Crocodile.

No comments: